Wednesday 5 February 2014

Best view with the best company

Went to Bukit Ampang couple of days back during the CNY break. The sight was breathtaking. We can see the whole of KL from up there. I went there for the first time after some years and this time I went there with Faiz. We had dinner and went thrift store shopping afterwards.

There are many small food stalls there but I won't recommend any. We had steamboat and "otak-otak" but the sauce is watery and the otak-otak is undercooked. The food are overpriced. But, yes. The sight is awesome. The company was great, too.

We went to this "bundle" (thrift stores) that was really 'so-so' at the beginning but once we dig in more, there are actually pretty rare and vintage jeans and boots (read: Doc Marts!!). I fell in love with a pair of navy DMs and its dead cheap. It took every inch of my self control not to buy them Faiz is having a hard time deciding between a pair of Ferragamos and LVs. I secretly thinks he will take both.

Since it was still early and Faiz is in the mood in bargain-hunting, we scoured several more thrift stores for really nice pair of jeans and shoes. We went to Uptown Shah Alam, there's this stall (small shop) that have all this really nice jeans and they look like new. I was afraid to even asked the price. Faiz just laugh along.

So, a day well spent.


No comments:

Post a Comment