Friday 7 February 2014

Heartbreak or giving your heart a break?

Scrolling through my Twitter timeline, when a friend of mine ping-ed me in Messenger, asking me to scroll my ex's tweets.

As I read through, I find it both annoying and sad. All he ever talked about in Twitter is me, me, me and the occasional tweet about his bikes.

Too many disappointments, too many broken promises, too many heartbreaks. He makes me look like I am the cause of the break-up and that he was just a victim. There were no stories of the beatings, the threats, the long wait or the hurt that HE had caused. There were no stories of unemployment or me paying for almost everything. There were no stories of accidents or friendships with "bad eggs". There were just stories of how I just stop caring, how all this is caused by my attitude towards men around me and how I am clouded because of black magic. How I have chosen the wrong man to be with, that the man I am with now is just merely a boy and how he is just not as good looking.

I do not have the energy to explain to someone that is committed in believing that he is always right. I have nothing else to say to him nor to his friends. I do not wish to be friends nor be in contact with him any more. I am giving my heart a break. No more heartbreaks. I deserve to be happy, I deserve the fullest attention of the man that loved me and I should not have to fight for it.

Yes, I have doubts. I have reservations this time when it comes to the matter of the heart. Trust is earned, respect is given. He has lost every inch of my trust, respect and love. I have not talked about him. It brings memories. Bad ones and good ones. Both are bad for me.

I should stop being unhappy. I am living the moment. No one can take that away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment